Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Freitag, 29. März 2013

Carrot and raisin sandwiches

Good Friday! Easter is here and we're having terrible cold and rainy days! I can well remember last year when we already had springtime. This year winter is hard and it seams he won't get aways pretty soon. Too bad for the children staying inside and searching their easter net.

Early in the morning I was awaken by the phone and I immediatly knew it couldn't be someone I know and as I saw the number on the phone I just picked the phone up and said "it's Good Friday, thank you" and hang up. Not very friendly I know. Anyway I made my way back into bed again.


For lunch I made this really simple and very good sandwich. I could hardly stop myself from eating it was just that good. If you don't like raisins in a sandwich just leaf them out, they that as good without it.

Carrot & raisin sandwiches

 

Carrot & raisin sandwiches
A vegetarian sandwich with a difference, this light filling is simple and great for afternoon tea or lunch boxes
 
Serves 8
 
Ingredients
1 large carrot , peeled and grated
2 tbsp raisins
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp chopped mint
4-6 slices brown bread
3 tbsp houmous

Direction
Mix the carrot with the raisins, olive oil and vinegar. Season and add the mint.
 
Spread 2-3 slices of the bread with houmous, top with the carrot mix and sandwich with 2-3 more slices. Cut into your desired shapes.
 
------------------------------------------------------
 These baked sweet potato fries are one of my favorite one, especially together with the cilantro sauce you can eather sprinkle over the potato fries or use a dipping sauce. I just love it and it gives a fresh taste to the dish.

 
Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Cilantro Sauce
 
 
Ingredients
2 sweet potatoes, cleaned
cooking spray
salt
Direction
1. Preheat oven to 450°
2. Cut sweet potatoes into thick fries.
3. Coat a roasting pan in cooking spray, then arrange sweet potatoes evenly, leaving space between each fry.
4. Coat the sweet potatoes in cooking spray, then sprinkle liberally with salt.
5. Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through, until fries are browned in places and crispy on the outside.
 
Cilantro Sauce
Ingredients
1 bunch of cilantro
3 cloves roasted garlic
1 raw clove of garlic
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp cumin
salt
1/3-1/2 cup Olive Oil
Direction
1. In a food processor, pulse all ingredients except olive oil until finely chopped.
2. With food processor running, slowly stream in 1/3-1/2 cup olive oil, or until desired consistency is reached.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen