Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Donnerstag, 7. März 2013

Crumbly Oat and Raisin Cookies

When going to work I usually get up around 6 a.m. But on my days off I sleep longer. But sometimes my inner clock let me wake up around 6 a.m.. I don't like that, by then it's getting day and I can't sleep when it's bright in my bedroom. So I put on my eyemask and usually I fall back asleep. But this morning I couldn't and I was turning myself in bed every single minute, my mind spinning around thinking of my future. AND I realized I miss being alone, I wish I had a boyfriend or would be married. I really do miss a man on my side.

After breakfast I cleaned up and later I was doing some cookies I wanted to bring over to my sister and her little son, but then I realized she's working the whole day, anyway I made the cookies. I little nephew is a cookie lover as much every kid, hopefully he will like the cookies. I did so! Maybe you will do so also??!


Crumbly Oat and Raisin Cookies

Crumbly Oat & Raisin Cookies


These cookies are pretty healthy, no margarine, no oils, no added sugar and you could add in whatever dried fruit you have on hand.

 
Makes 6 decent sized cookies – ready in half an hour

3 tbsp smooth unsweetened peanut butter
2 tbsp maple syrup
½ cup oats
¼ cup raisins
½ cup buckwheat flour (or wholewheat, or whatever flour you prefer)
¼ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
Pinch of nutmeg
1 tbsp non dairy milk (I used hazelnut milk)

Method
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius and line a baking tray with parchment
2. In a mixing bowl combine the peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla and cream together before adding in the oats, flour, baking powder, nutmeg and raisins giving the mixture a good stir.
3. I added a tbsp of milk here as my dough was too dry, it’s up to you if you think you need a little extra, then gradually add it until your happy with the consistency.
4. Using your hand, grab a heaped tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball and flatten slightly in the palm of your hand before placing it on the baking tray, use a fork to flatten them out more until they are about 4-5mm thick. Pop in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes or until golden.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool
 
------------------------------------------------
 
 
raw zucchini "pasta" with an avocado & pea pesto


















serves 2-3 people

Ingredients:
for the zucchini "pasta":
3 green zucchini (choose ones that are long and straight)
the juice of 1/2 a lemon
salt and pepper

for the avocado & pea pesto:
1/2 cup of frozen, organic peas
1/2 cup of basil
1/2 of a ripe avocado
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
the juice of 1/2 a lemon
salt and pepper
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
water

Direction:
1. Start by making the zucchini "pasta". Peel the zucchini and then slice off the two ends. Cut the zucchini into planks, lengthwise. Then finely slice the planks, lengthwise again. You should have long, thin strips of zucchini that look somewhat like linguini or fettuccini.

2. Place the sliced zucchini into a large bowl and toss with the lemon juice, and a little bit of salt and pepper. Set this aside and allow it to marinate.

3. Then, make the avocado and pea pesto. Place the frozen peas, basil, avocado, garlic, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper in the blender. While the blender is running, drizzle in the olive oil.

4. Continue to blend adding in the water until the mixture is running continuously (you should only need about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of water). Blend until you have the consistency you like. I like mine a little chunky, but if you like it super smooth feel free to continue blending. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.

5. Once the pesto is done, toss it in the bowl with the zucchini until the zucchini is coated with the pesto.

Serve chilled, or at room temperature. This should last for a few days in the fridge, but is probably best in the first day or so.
enjoy. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen