Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Dienstag, 5. Februar 2013

Lemony Carrot Dhal

What a crazy day. First the weather's crazy. Sun, rain, snow - everything on one day, this makes it hard to decide what to wear....Thick or thin coat?? Luckely I was already at home when it started to snow heavely. Second: I receive a lot of phone calls, always when I layed myself on the sofa covered with a blanket a few minutes later the phone was calling. The last phone was defenetly one getting on my nerve. You know those phonecalls someone trying to sell something to you, arg......
 
I was going through my recipebooks for getting an inspiration what I could cook. Then I had an idea. Carrots, ginger and lemon is just such a good combination and all this in together with Lentils - lets give it a try. The result was a fresh and creamy dish. 

Lemony Carrot Dhal

 
Serves 4
Ready in 30 to 60 mins
 

Ingredients
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
450 g carrots, peeled and chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
2.5 cm piece root ginger, peeled and chopped
225 g split red lentils
1 tbsp medium vegan curry paste
zest and juice of 2 lemons
1.15 lt vegan stock
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander, plus extra to garnish

How To Cook
1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and carrots and sauté for 3-4mins. Add the garlic, chilli, ginger and sauté for 1min.

2. Stir in the lentils, curry paste, lemon zest and juice and stock. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the carrots are tender and the lentils have broken down.

3. Remove from the heat, stir in the coriander and season to taste. Serve hot with your choice of Indian side dishes.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen