Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Sonntag, 26. April 2015

Potato Vareniki with sauerkraut

Springtime can be so inspiring, especially in the kitchen. 

Having potatoes left from the day before I thought about what to do with them, instead of frying or making a potatosalad. 

I know that fermented vegetables are healthy as the contains a lot of enzyms witch logicaly are healthy for the body. Having still two packs of sauerkraut in my refrigerator I knew I had to eat more of it as I really like it. No wonder with the power of enzyms. 

Anyway. I graved my books for an idea how to bring the potatoes and sauerkraut together. Of course I've could made just a kind of stew (I forgot the name of, well East-style), but stews I had enought the last days. 

And then an Idea - found in a book - came up and I was immediatly caught by it. The idea I found it - is an old russian cookbook (not really vegan) I inherit from my grandmother (miss her). Thought I can't remember if my grandmother ever made and served them. Anyway. 

Good Idea to make this dish. Thank you grandmother for the book! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Potato Vareniki with sauerkraut


Ingredients for 4 people

300 g spelled flour
50 g of soy yogurt unsweetened
Salt
150 g sauerkraut (canned, well expressed)
200 g boiled potatoes from the day before
1 onion
4 tbsp sunflower oil
ground black pepper
1 tsp cumin
2 teaspoons sweet paprika
150 g radishes
2 stalks spring onions

Preparation:

For the pastry flour, knead yogurt, a pinch of salt and 120-150 ml of water to a smooth dough. The dough should not stick, otherwise add a little flour. Wrapped in foil 1 hour let it rest.

Meanwhile, chop the cabbage coarsely, peel potatoes and grate coarsely and chop the onion. 

Sauté onion in 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add Cabbage and potatoes and  fry for 3 minutes. Season with spices.

Divide the Dough into portions and roll thin (2 mm) out. With a glass (10 cm diameter) cut out 20 circles. Brush Dough with a little water. Put 1 tablespoon of filling in the center. Fold dough from both sides over the filling and press down well.

In a large pot boil salted water. Give dumplings into the boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes. Drain well good. 

Cut Radish into quarters, cut leeks into rings. Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet. 
Sautè the Pierogi with radishes and leeks quite strongly. 

Season with salt and serve.

Enjoy the meal!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen