Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Donnerstag, 19. Februar 2015

Plum Dumplings

I don't really post sweet things that often - and this cames cause I'm not really a sweet person. But when having guests for coffee or being invited for so, I jump over my shadow and prepare and eat sweets. 

Beside when I'm invited and nothing needed to bring, there will be a dessert I can't eat anyway (not vegan). The people around me don't really prepare stuff for me. I mostly bring my food with. I got used to it, but sometimes it is really very much making me sad. Or how would be feel when your invited for father's Birthday aperitif and all my sisters serves is a huge plate with cheese and meat with very little cherry tomatoes and cucumber. You can imagine me sitting at the table while everybody arounds eating and me sitting in front of a empty plate hanging to a drink. 

Back to now. Sorry I just had to write down the frustration. 

Well these plum dumplings is more a dessert that goes on you hipes but hey, no ones tells you to eat these all the time. ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

V- Plum Dumplings



6 Persons

Ingredients:
500g flour 
1 cube of fresh yeast
130 ml warm oat milk
80 g brown sugar 
80 g soft vegetable margarine 
half pinch of salt, 
1/2 tsp vanilla sugar 
icing sugar 
6 plums (fresh or dried ones soaked in warm water)
6 tbsp plum jam 
plus little margarine to grease. 

Preparation:
First give flour in a bowl and press a hole in the middle. In it crumble yeast and add 40 g sugar and warmed oat milk. Cover and let rise about 10 minutes. 

Then add the remaining sugar, salt, vanilla sugar and the margarine and knead to a smooth dough. Again, cover and allow to rise again to double about 40 minutes. 

Wash, halve and stone the plums. Greas the form with margarine. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions, shape into a ball and then press it as flat as possible. Add 1 tbsp plum jam and plum half into flat dough ball and as possible form into a ball. Put all dough balls with the open side down into the mold and cover again for about 15 minutes. 


Bake buns for about 20 minutes at 200 °. Allow to cool and dust with icing sugar. If you like you can serve a vanilla cream with them. 

The buns are best when still a little bit warm ;)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen