Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Donnerstag, 18. Dezember 2014

Smashed Chickpea and Avocado Salad Sandwich

The time before Christmas is always fully loaded with "to do's". Neither does I. On the free time I run from one place to another. 

So was the yesterdays afternoon. As I knew that I would have rarely time for a big lunchtime I made a sandwich fully packed with vitamins and power. Just right what I needed and some greens aside always goes fast. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smashed Chickpea and Avocado Salad Sandwich



Ingredients:
1 can chickpeas or garbanzo beans
1 large ripe avocado
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
Juice from 1 lime
Salt and pepper, to taste
Bread of your choice
Fresh spinach leaves or other sandwich toppings: lettuce, tomato slices, sprouts, etc.
Preparation:
Rinse and drain the chickpeas well. Place on a paper towel and by rubbing remove the outer skins. You can leave them on, but I like them removed. It's kind of work, but better - I found. 
Give in a medium bowl and by using a fork or potato masher smash the chickpeas and avocado together. Add the copped cilantro, green onion, and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spread salad on your piece of bread and top with your favorite green sandwich toppings.
Note: This salad also makes a great dip. Serve with cut up veggies, crackers, or pita chips. Also, this salad is best eaten the day it is made because it will turn brown due to the avocado.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen