Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Samstag, 22. November 2014

Vegan Turkey with Golden Gravy

Sorry for those worse pictures. They were taken by my Mobile Phone. I was so exhausted and the pictures taken later on with the camera are somehow deleted - don't know what happened I can't find them anymore. 

Anyway what I present you here is my first Vegan Turkey - and I got to say I'm really proud of myself. 

I can't tell why I haven't made a Turkey before. I made the Turkey for no special occasion or having people  invited - just like that and so I made just two small ones - tasted and eaten - now laying well packed in my freezer, ready for special occasions. (we don't celebrate Thanksgivin). 

I couldn't imagine that it is so easy to prepare one - especially this one. This is definitely not my last one! 

What I made again for my dinner is the Golden Gravy as it compares very well with the Turkey. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vegan Turkey with Golden Gravy





Ingredients:
Water for boiling 
250 g gluten flour
1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
1 tsp. thyme
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tsp. salt
2 cups vegetable broth
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp. soy sauce

Cheesecloth
cooking strings
Puff pastry
1 small glas of junky tomatobruschette sauce

Preparation:
In a large pot bring water to a low boil.

In a large bowl wisk together the gluten, nutritional yeast, thyme, onion powder and salt, stir to mix. In a small bowl wisk together the wet ingredients (vegetable broth, oil, soy sauce) and give it to the dry ingredients. With wooden spoon stir until combined. 

Wet the cheesecloth and lay it out on flat surface.

For the filling take the gluten dough (eiter everything or divided in two dought) and flaten with your hands, spread the junky tomatobruschetta sauce over it and roll up by folding the sides in. 
Place gluten loaf on cheesecloth at one end and roll up, continuiely tie'n the sides (not to tight, like a sausage). Tie each end with a piece of string and so with two in the middle.

Place in simmering (maybe salted) water and cook covered for 1 hour. 

Before the cooking time is over, preheat oven up to 310°C.

Take the gluten loaf out of the water, unwrap from the cheesecloth and unwrap the puff pastry on flat wooden surface. Lay loaf on the puff pastry, brush with some mix ketchup-water and fold the puff pastry over the loaf. Brush the top again with a mix of ketchup-water and sprinkle some herbs on top (Unfortunately I forgot to do so..)

Place on baking sheet and bake for about 30 min.

Serve with the Golden Gravy (posted earlier before) and with your favored sides such as vegetables and potatoes. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen