Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Samstag, 28. Dezember 2013

Panzanella

Having days off from work does so good. I have the time to relax, meeting friends or trying myself on recipes I never made before. 

But not today - no time - and beside I was hungry and it had to be a fast done lunch. 

The first Panzanella I ate wasn't in italy as guessed - no I ate it in New York on my Holiday trip a few years ago. I immediatly fell in love and wondered why I never saw this salad to be served in Switzerland???

On the web I found different kind of recipes and I tried many out, till I found one of my favorite veganized Panzanella. Simple but without the shaved cheese. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Panzanella


Ingredients:
2 Whole Grain Hamburger Buns
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 can Heirloom Tomatoes, halved
1 can Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped
4 tablespoons Red Onion, diced
10 large leaves Organic Basil, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup Light Champagne Vinaigrette

Direction:
Preheat oven to 350. Cut bread into one inch cubes. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until bread becomes golden brown. Let cool. Combine tomatoes, artichokes, onion and basil. Toss with vinaigrette. Add cooled bread cubes, toss and serve.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen