Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Sonntag, 15. Dezember 2013

Festive Lemon Cake

Yesterday evening we had a pre-christmas family meeting at my aunt's home. This year was the second time we made it this way, cause we won't me each other on Christmas. Like last year my uncle made Fondue and like last year I brought my own food with (as I'm the only vegan person in the family).

I said that I would bring a part of the dessert and this was a home made vegan festive lemon cake, my sister made a mangocream. Like on easter they were really surprised that a cake can be made without eggs.....
I still don't know why non-vegan persons think a cake without eggs couldn't work or even taste. BUT it does and there's no different!

Anyway, they liked it and that was more important!

If you're thinking about you could do for dessert on christmas eve this cake defently will be worth a try!

Let me know if you made the cake or what ever else you made. Meanwhile I will give you the recipe of this great lemon cake. Weather you make it on christmas or not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Lemon Cake



Lemon Loaf
Ingredients:
2 large lemons
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
6 tsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup water

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix flour, sugar and baking soda in large mixing bowl.
Zest 1 full lemon rind into bowl.
Cut both lemons and squeeze lemon juice into separate bowl so the seeds don't fall in the mixture.
Add water, oil, apple cider vinegar and vanilla to the large bowl.
Mix well, then place mix into a ungreased 8 inch cake pan.
Bake for 30 minutes, keep an eye on it though, all stoves are different!
Let it cool for 1-2 hours before icing it.
Vanilla Lemon Icing
Ingredients:
1/2 large lemon
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup confectionary sugar

Directions:
Cut lemon and squeeze juice in bowl. Add vanilla and sugar. Whisk until smooth.
Enjoy!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen