Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Dienstag, 11. Juni 2013

Guacamole-stuffed Poblano Peppers

After a rainy monday the sun is back and it looks like the sun will stay the whole week. AND I had two hard working days and always went home after 6 p.m. totally tired and just wanted to lay down and relax for a while before entering the kitchen.... but - there are two hungry cats waiting for me to be feed first and right after I will start to cook my dinner. As you might imagine most times I'm not eating before 8 p.m.

Anyway, I had to eat something and for today I decided to make a fast and easy dish, served with some roasted bread and a salad. Which just gave me back the strenght and energy I needed.

This small and easy done lunch/ dinner snack you can either do on the grill or in the oven. I decided to make it in the oven, as I'm living on the second floor and I would have first clean my grill (after standing in the shadow over years..) would have taken to much time for me to prepare the peppers. 

Result: The taste was just great -  lightly warm and fresh... enjoy

------------------------------------------------------------------

Guacamole-Stuffed Poblano Peppers

Guacamole-Stuffed Poblano Peppers Recipe


Makes: 4 servings, 1 pepper each
Active Time:
Total Time:

5 small-to-medium poblano peppers
2 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup thinly sliced hearts of romaine
 
Direction:
Preheat broiler to High.

Place peppers on a large baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat source, turning once or twice, until the skins blacken and blister, about 10 minutes total. Transfer to a large bowl, cover with a kitchen towel and let stand until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes. Peel the peppers, leaving the stems attached.

Meanwhile, scoop avocados into a medium bowl and coarsely mash. Add cilantro, onion and salt; stir to combine.

Stem and seed 1 pepper; chop. Stir into the avocado mixture. Make a lengthwise slit through one wall of each of the remaining 4 peppers and carefully remove the seeds. Divide romaine among the peppers, then fill with a generous 1/3 cup guacamole each.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen