Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Donnerstag, 13. Juni 2013

Chives and "Cheese* skillet Omelet (gluten free)

A great sunny and hot day! Yesterday I worked - together with my parents - almost the whole afternoon in the garden, cleaning it up, cutting down small trees and so on. But before I went to buy planting earth and vegetables I wanted to plant in my two old half winebarrel (I got from a winery - for free!!). We finished and I so much enjoyed the shower afterward....

And today my plans were: cleaning up the windows and after lunch going into the garden to fill the barrels with plants. But, as many times plans changes. While cleaning the balcony doorglas I looked outside and decided to wash down the balcony instead of cleaning the left windows.
OH my Good. The balcony was so dirty!! Well, no wonder as I live close to a main street - and I got a small balcony. It took me two hours to clean it. After that I defently needed something in my stomach, I was starving. I needed a dish fast done as I wanted to go into my garden for planting. So I decided to make a Omelett - some eat it for breakfast - I eat it for lunch.

For those who are curious what I planted:
2 Zucchiniplants, 4 fennel, 1 swiss chard, leeks (25!), 1 peperonie, 6 pak choi, 6 kohlrabi (german turnip), 2 different 6 salads, 4 lemon basilicum,  1 gingermint, two date-tomatoes. AND I'm a single person......... let's see


Foto: Pretty proud of

Foto: My Little Garden ;)

 
I have to say "I'm pretty proud of my garden"
 

----------------------------------------------------------------------


Chive and Cheese Skillet Omelet (gluten free)

skillet omelette

Servings: 6 - 8

Ingredients
1 block firm tofu, pressed and drained
1⁄4 cup unsweetened almond or soymilk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon egg replacer, dry
2 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
1 teaspoon sea salt
1⁄4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon neutral tasting oil
1 tablespoon light miso paste (non-barley)
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon neutral tasting high-heat oil, for greasing pan
1⁄2 cup vegan Shredded Cheese
5-8 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
1 bunch fresh chives, finely chopped

Direction:
Preheat broiler to high.
In food processor combine tofu, almond or soymilk, baking powder, egg replacer, flour, arrowroot powder, nutritional yeast, brown rice syrup, sea salt, black pepper, turmeric, oil, miso and lemon juice. Blend until mixture is uniform and smooth.
Grease an oven-proof non-stick sauté pan generously with high-heat oil. Place tofu mixture into pan, and spread out evenly. Cook over low heat, covered, for about 5 minutes without stirring.
Remove lid and continue
to cook over medium heat for an additional 3-5 minutes.
Sprinkle omelet with vegan cheese. Place sauté pan in oven and broil
 for 3 minutes, or until browned.
 Top with basil and chives. 
Let cool for 10 minutes, and transfer to a platter. Serve warm.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen