Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Freitag, 14. März 2014

Vegan wild garlic Gnocchi with rucolapesto

Lately receiving the monthly cooking-magazine (unfortunatly non-vegan and every time I'm thinking of canceling it, but in there I see so much ideas, and most can be veganized). 

Anywhere, I saw their wild-garlic gnocchi-recipe -which called for 800 g Potatoes, 200 g flour, 50 wild garlic,100 g Ricotta and one egg, salt and nutmeg, and I was immediatly caught, trying to veganize it, shouldn't be a big problem. I thought.

But  my "second-try" since years of making gnocchi, was hard work. Instead of the ricotta I used silkentofu and replaced the egg with 1 Tbsp. soyflour. At the end the dought was a very wet and not kneatable. I added flour after flour and more salt and nutmeg, but still didn't get a dought. I was close to give up and wasting everything, but no!! So, I took a injection bag (hope you understand), filled the wet dought in there and instead of rolling them on floured plate I pressed them out, cuting them down right into the boiling water. Well of course they wouldn't have those "gnocchi-looking" with the rills - but as a long as they will taste I didn't matter. AND they did taste! Fluffy, and not so stomach filling as they had silkentofu in it. 

BUT at the end I such a big amount of gnocchi, my eyes witend and all I thought was - who is going to eat all this???? Defenetly too much for just myself, and I don't really eat a lot at once. My parents and sister are gone for holiday - freezing, yes but my small freezer is completly full! But, what I will do is going to give a big amount to a friend of mine I'm going to meet the next day. She will takes the most and she is happy about it! You may think I'm grazy but so I am and I really do it with big pleasure. Making others happy, makes he happy :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wild garlic Gnocchi with Rucolapesto


4-5 Persons
Time: 1 1/2 hours

Ingredients:
800 g Gnocchi-Potatoes
220 g flour and 1 Tbsp. soyflour (maybe more)
50 g fresh wild garlic 
100 g silkentofu
1/2 tsp. grounded nutmeg
1-2 tsp. salt

salted cooking water
Rucole Pesto for the sauce

Optional Sauce:
Fresh Lemoncreamsauce:
1 Tbsp. vegan margarine
1 shallot, chopped
1 lemon, zest and juice
2 dl. vegan cream
2 Tbsp. vegan grated parmesan
salt, pepper

Direction.
Melt margarine a pan, add the shallot and roast till translucent, Add lemonzest, juice and vegancream and lightly let the sauce cook for 10 min. At the end wisk under the parsmesan, taste and dizzle the warm gnocchi with the sauce and enjoy a fresh dish. 

----------------------------------------------

Gnocchi Direction:
Cook the potatoes for about 20 min or till soft. Meanwhile chop the wild garlic add silkentofu and mix everything into a cream. 



Peel the finished potatoes and press them trought your potato press into a big bowl. Lightly let cool down, add the flour and stir, then add the wild garliccream and kneat. If the dought is too wet add more flour till it won't stick on your finger.
(or like mine, gave up and fill it in a injection bag).

Form the dought into 4 rolls about the size of 2 cm thick and cut rolls in about 2 cm. On a fork, back-side up, roll down the gnocchi with your thumb and you will get the special gnocchi-look. Set them aside on a floured towel.

Preheat oven to 60 °C and place your plates in it. 

Then cook the gnocchi step by step in saltet boiling water, for about 6 min till they will come on the surface and swim. With a skimmer take them out and place in a big bowl, dizzle with oil. Keep warm in the oven till all gnocchi are cooked. (mine stick a little bit together, as the dought was too wet)



Preheat a frying pan and lightly roast the gnocchi, then add back to the bowl and wisk the rucola pesto over the gnocchi and serve on your warm stayed plates.

You may also just serve them with a light sauce, such as a freshly lemoncreamsauce (I had made days before - and no leftover and no lemon in the house.)

This is just a hint if you prefer a more creamy-cheese-sauce with a fresh touch :) Recipe above

Note:
altought the dought wasn't kneatable the taste was good anymore, fluffy, fresh a.s.o

Enjoy and hopefully your won't have the problems I had

A fresh, italian dish!



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen