Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Sonntag, 9. März 2014

V-Tunasalad / Spread

I'm so glad springtime is coming closer and closer. I was really getting tired from the dark, cold and unsunny-days. Tireness from winter or even in spring fever. But the tireness can't stopp myself and at that point I don't know myself anymore... Since weeks or even months I'm in the mood trying to veganize meat-stuff. Even stuff I never tried eating before being vegan. Weired, he.

Guess cause this young bakery-son inspired me so much! Now sometimes I really have to stopp myself from trying new stuff (I'm a single-living) and I can't eat at all at time. But every few weekends something new. Mostly stuff I can't buy veganized in Switzerland - and that's a lot. 

My today's prepared food is something I was afraid of trying. Guess cause I was afraid how it would taste like - really like tuna??? I never tried or eaten REAL Tuna before (just not mine, don't like it). BUT somehow I was curious and nowing I won't really eat "Tuna", relieved me "a little" bit.
You may wonder why I wanted to make it anyway - just curious and I know that people around me like Tunasalad and are non-vegan-persons - maybe it's going to be a Hit-wonder at the next party I will hold or be part off.

Of course it had to be improved by non-vegans! Especially my parents, as they can't imagine veganized food tastes good. 
My friend at work liked it very much!

I have to say the tunasalad was really good, but stomach-filling. BUT it's all about the way you serve/eat it  :))

Now enjoy to try this tunasalad - kept on the lighter side - rather than often seen in recipes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


V-Tunasalad


Time: 15 min
2-4 Persons

Ingredients:
1 can of chickpeas
1 small glas artichoke in oil
1 small onion
1-2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
1-2 Tbsp. soysauce
1/2 - 1 tsp. brown algaepouder (or morterd nori sheet)

Tofunaise:
100 g plain tofu
1 Tbsp. vinegar
salt
1 Tbsp. oil
water

Direction:
First prepare the tofunaise.
Cut tofu into pieces and pulse together with the oil, vinegar, salt and some water till you get a smooth cream.  Maybe you have to add some more water to get the consistence you prefer. Set aside in the refrigerator. 

Now you can either chop the onion and artichoke (without the oil) finely by hand or crush them shortly in your blender (not creamy!!!). Give in a big bowl. 

In your blender pulse the chickpea into a smooth cream and give into the bowl. Stir and give in the nutritional yeast, soysauce and algaepowder, stirr well under and then add the tofunaise (amount up to you..)

Taste and season with salt and maybe some more vinegar. Set aside in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (I let it over night).


Serving suggestions:
- Take your favorite piece of bread lightly roast in your toaster, let cool, lay on some salad and spread on your tunasalad top again with salad and cover with the second piece of bread
-  Or serve it with some crackers as a snack


Note:
I used the tofunaise as it's lighter and not so "naise-tasty" but feel free to use whatever Veginaise you prefer

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen