Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Sonntag, 12. Januar 2014

Basmati-Coriander Rice with crunchy coconut-Tofufilet and spicy asian Wok-vegetables

Lately I saw a cookingchalenge on TV an the theme was asian dishes. AND I can't resist asian dishes, it satisaties me immediatly. 

I had a time  when I really loved to watch cookingshows - then a brake - just had enought watching how someone fry their meat or anything non vegan

While watching I made my notes about the ingredients (of course they didn't cook vegan) and how to cook the dish. As the dish really sounded good I wanted to veganize it. I had many options in mind about replacing the meat, but for me the best seamed to be tofu shortly simmered in coconutmilk and grated coconut to get the crunchy outside. 

The remaking the rice was no problem, but with the tofu it took me about 2 tries till I got the best result.

I even got another idea spinning around in my mind, how I could try to fry the tofu. So many variation are possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------


Basmati-Coriander Rice with crunchy coconut-Tofufilet and spicy asian wok-vegetables



For 2 people

Ingredients:
150 g basmati rice 
200 g firm tofu 
1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion
1/2 tsp Crema di Aglio
1/2 tsp Wokspice
1 teaspoon soy sauce
250 ml coconut milk
2 tsp whole cane sugar 
1 tsp grated coconut 

stir-fried vegetables
2 tablespoons sesame oil 
1/2 tsp Crema di Aglio
1 tsp Crema di Pepperonchino
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 carrot
1 bell pepper
1/2 zucchini
30 g bean sprouts

Direction:
Cook basmati rice according to package directions. Wash and finely chop cilantro. Depending on your taste wisk into the finished basmati rice.

Peel and finely chop onion. Cut tofu into cubes and fry in oil for about 4 minutes. Add  onion and Crema di Aglio and sauté for 2 minutes. Wisk in soy sauce, wokspice, whole cane sugar, coconut milk and  grated coconut, simmer briefly until the sauce is syrupy.

Wash vegetables and cut into thin strips. Heat the sesame oil in a wok or frying pan and cook vegetables and sprouts about 2 minutes until al dente. Add pepperonchino, garlic paste and soy sauce and sauté 2 more minutes and season to taste.

Put rice on a plate, top with the tofu stew and stir-fry vegetables and garnish with grated coconut .

Tip: A quality feature of good coconut milk is that it is not liquid when you open the can , but the fat part has settled . For that is a sign that no emulsifiers were used - for me a must-have ! If you want to use it liquid, you can briefly heat the can in a water bath, then shake and the milk is liquid.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen