Seiten

Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Montag, 11. November 2013

Wild Rice Salad with Miso Dressing

Of course I don't know if your a housewife, working part-time or full-time. For mine, I'm working full-time - 42h per week. The whole last week was very stressful, with long (12h) working days (surgeryday). To be said, everyday I got very tired home. All I wanted was to relax and just a long sleep, but no - I will be away the whole weekend at a congress nearly 2 hours away - starting saturday and sunday at 8 a.m.

Finaly back at home my cats - sorry the starved at the point I left on saturday till I came home on sunday late afternoon.
Been at home I immediatly went into the kitchen to feed the cats and then I started to cook to my dinner. NO RESTING TIME. HOW could I ? I'm a single person! Anyway, after cooking I sitted down at 7.30 p.m. released myself before I will eat dinner. SO TIRED!  I could go to bed wtihout eating, but I need strengh for starting work on monday. UFF. You see, stressfull.

Still I want to show you - or better - give you the recipe of what I ate/cooked witch will give you at least at the moment the strengh if needed ;)

(As tired as I was I made a picture and wrote down the ingredients)

Hopefully you like it!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wild Rice Salad with Miso Dressing
sorry for the extra line beside the picture!

Serves 2 as an entree, 4 as a side

Ingredients:
1/2 cup wild rice (any rice works, timing will vary accordingly)

1 block extra firm tofu
2 tsp. coconut oil or a good oil
2 tsp. soy sauce or tamari
fresh ground pepper

1 heaping cup thinly sliced carrots
3/4 cup cooked, shelled, organic edamame
3 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
handful of chopped Cilantro or Pea Sprouts

Miso Dressing:
2 Tbsp. white miso
2 Tbsp. agave nectar or brown rice syrup
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
2 1/2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1 shallot, minced
Juice of half an Orange

Direction:
Rinse the wild rice. Bring two cups water to a boil. Add the rice, turn the heat to a simmer, cover and cook until all the water is absorbed (about 35-40 minutes), adding a bit more water if necessary to finish cooking. You will see a tuft of white pop from the center.

Wrap the tofu between a few layers of paper towel or a dish cloth and set it aside to drain for 10-15 minutes. Cut it into about 2.5cm dicees. Heat the coconut oil over medium high heat. Add the tofu and saute for about five minutes. Sprinkle the soy sauce and a few grinds of fresh pepper over the top and saute another few minutes until the edges are browned. Turn off heat and set aside.

Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together (Don't be tempted to add salt, miso is pretty salty).

In a large bowl, combine the rice, tofu, sliced carrots, edamame. Toss everything with the dressing. Add the sesame seeds and cilantro and give it another toss.

Serve room temperature or chilled. Of course it can easely be eaten warm (as I did at this seasontime ;)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen